Our clients include Irish and international investment managers, investment funds, aircraft and shipping lessors, private equity firms, high-net worth individuals and other leading professional services firms. We value our clients, we are proud to be their trusted advisor and to work together as a team.
With a background in accounting and tax, we appreciate the real world impacts our advice may have on your business and financial performance. We work closely with our clients, however we know the importance of tax risk management and our independent voice.
Nexus Taxation provide a wide range of Irish taxation advisory services:
- Regulated Funds – tax efficient structuring of Irish regulated investment funds – ICAVs, Unit Trust, Investment Limited Partnerships (ILPs) and Common Contractual Funds (CCFs).
- Asset management – bespoke investor and investment level structuring, including use of Irish and non-Irish feeder vehicles and obtaining tax treaty benefits.
- Structured finance and securitisation – using Section 110 companies, Irish tax neutral SPVs.
- Leasing and asset financing – aircraft and shipping leasing and acquisition structuring.
- Value Added Tax (VAT) – analysis of fee flows in order to ensure availability of general financial services and investment management VAT exemptions.
- Mergers and acquisitions – buy and sell side tax due diligence reporting, transaction structuring and tax negotiations.
- Restructuring, refinancing and reorganisation – corporate planning, debt deductibility advice.
- Irish trading company – advice on establishing stand alone or group company to avail of Ireland’s low 12.5% standard corporation tax rate.
- Second opinions – independent second opinions ad hoc health check reports on proposed or current transactions.
In addition to our tax advisory services, we provide a wide range of ongoing tax compliance services to companies and fund vehicles including the following:
- Corporation tax compliance – annual Irish corporation tax computation preparation, return filing and payment obligation advice.
- Tax registration – registration and de-registration services for all Irish funds, SPVs and trading companies.
- Investment Undertaking Tax (IUT) – bi annual IUT calculations and returns and annual Irish fund Return of Values.
- Irish fund tax risk assessments – annual and adhoc tax reviews of Irish funds.
- Directors’ payroll – processing of fee payments to fund and SPV directors.
- VAT reviews and compliance – VAT refund assessments, VAT recovery rate methodology calculation, annual VAT return filing and payment advice.
- Fund prospectus tax review
- Fund documentation ‘health checks’ – fund investor declaration reviews.
- Withholding tax rate card / tax treaty access review
- Assistance with FATCA registration and compliance – IRS GIIN registration, ongoing Irish Revenue accountholder reporting.
- Assistance with investor tax reporting