At Nexus Taxation we are committed to providing innovative yet measured tax advisory and compliance services. We advise on all stages of a business or transaction, from initial structuring and establishment to operation and unwind. We understand the complexities and pressures of operating in the fast paced and competitive international financial services sector.
Our clients include Irish and international investment managers, investment funds, aircraft and shipping lessors, private equity firms, high-net worth individuals and other leading professional services firms. We value our clients, we are proud to be their trusted advisor and to work together as a team.
With a background in accounting and tax, we appreciate the real world impacts our advice may have on your business and financial performance. We work closely with our clients, however we know the importance of tax risk management and our independent voice.
Set out below are a sample of our tax advisory services which are provided across all Irish tax heads:
- Asset management – tax efficient investment fund, fund SPV and management company/AIFM structuring.
- Asset management – bespoke investor and investment level structuring, including using feeder vehicles and obtaining tax treaty benefits.
- Structured finance and securitisation – using Section 110 companies, Irish tax neutral SPVs.
- Leasing and asset financing – aircraft and shipping leasing and acquisition structuring.
- Indirect tax – analysis fee flows in order to ensure availability of general financial services and investment management VAT exemptions.
- Mergers and acquisitions – buy and sell side tax due diligence reporting, transaction structuring and tax negotiations.
- Restructuring, refinancing and reorganisation – corporate planning, debt deductibility advice.
- Irish trading company – advice on establishing stand alone or group company to avail of Ireland’s low 12.5% standard corporation tax rate.
- Intellectual Property – IP ownership and licensing structuring using Ireland.
- Irish Revenue Audit – pre Revenue Audit analysis, disclosure advice and conclusion negotiation.
- Second opinions – independent second opinions ad hoc health check reports on proposed or current transactions.
- Private clients – bespoke investment and asset protection advice.
- Executive remuneration – tax efficient executive/promoter remuneration planning options.
In addition to our tax advisory services, we provide a wide range of ongoing tax compliance services to companies and fund vehicles including the following:
- Corporation tax compliance – annual Irish corporation tax computation preparation, return filing and payment obligation advice.
- Tax registration
- Investment Undertaking Tax – bi annual IUT calculations and returns and annual Irish fund Return of Values.
- Irish fund tax risk assessments – annual and adhoc tax reviews of Irish funds.
- Directors’ payroll
- VAT reviews and compliance – VAT refund assessments, VAT recovery rate methodology calculation, annual VAT return filing and payment advice.
- Fund prospectus tax review
- Fund documentation ‘health checks’ – fund investor declaration reviews.
- Withholding tax rate card / tax treaty access review
- Assistance with FATCA registration and compliance – IRS GIIN registration, ongoing Irish Revenue accountholder reporting.
- Assistance with investor tax reporting